To ensure effective implementation of government policies and programmes on environmental and ecological problems as well as provide sustained and substantial financial resources for the mitigation of such problems and their impact.
To serve as strategic instrument for ameliorating ecological problems nationwide through effective management, co-ordination, monitoring and implementation of government ecological policies, programmes and projects.
1) Permanent Secretary’s Office Department (PSO)
2) Soil Erosion and Flood Control Department (SEFC)
3) Drought and Desertification Control Department (DDC)
4) Pollution Control Department (PC)
5) Public Procurement Department
CLIENTS OF THE OFFICE
a) States and Local Government of the Federation
b) National Assembly
d) General Public
a) Provide quality services as stipulated in the Service Charter
b) Reduce ecological problems nationwide to the barest minimum
c) Facilitate quality and effective implementation of projects
d) Judicious and equitable utilization of the Fund
e) Effective management of Ecological Fund Projects