Mandate of the office
The General Services Office (GSO) is the nerve centre of the OSGF as it provides the common services to the entire system through the services Departments namely; General Services, Human Resource, Planning Research and Statistics, Finance and Accounts, Budget Division, Internal Audit Unit, Reform Coordination & Service Improvement and Library Services.
FUNCTIONS OF GSO
The GSO handles the internal administration of the entire OSGF and liaises with external Agencies of Government for proper coordination and implementation of Government policies. The Office is the main driver and coordinator of activities of Ministries and Government Agencies as well as chief monitor of the implementation of Government decisions, policies and programmes. It provides administrative support services for Committees, Commissions, Tribunals and Panels of Enquiry. It also processes such issues as:
- Government approvals for overseas tours (of all natures),
- Appointments to the headship of statutory Bodies,
- Matters relating to conditions of service of Political Office Holders,
- Provision of office accommodation and support services for Political Office Holders,
- Management of common services to the six (6) offices under OSGF,
- Human Resource management for the Political Appointees of the Presidency,
- Coordination policy implementation in MDAs,
- Budget planning for the OSGF,
- Management of Affairs of Past Heads of State, Committees and Commissions,
- Maintenance of the Shehu Shagari Office Complex, etc.
GSO also coordinates the activities of 22 parastatals under the OSGF. This includes the supervision of their administration, policy formulation and implementation.