The Human Resource Management Department, which is headed by a Director, is responsible for the overall administration, management, supervision, coordination and control of all human resource and personnel matters in the OSGF. It also includes the design, implementation and monitoring of policy affecting personnel management in the Office. The Department also strives to enhance capacity building and promote in-house awareness focusing on attitudinal change towards providing quality service delivery.
The Department has two (2) Divisions as follows:
- Appointment, Promotion and Discipline;
- Staff Welfare and Training;
The APD Division is responsible for the appointment, promotion and discipline of staff in the OSGF. It is fully responsible for the appointment, promotion and discipline of officers on GL. 01 – 06 as delegated by the Federal Civil Service Commission. It is also responsible for processing the documentation of newly appointed Political Office Holders. The APD Division is structured as follows:
- Appointment and Promotion (Senior) Branch;
- Appointment and Promotion (Junior) Branch;
- Discipline Branch;
- Records Branch; and
The Division is made up of two branches namely:
- Staff Welfare; and (ii)Training
- Staff Welfare Branch: This caters for the welfare of the entire career civil servants in the Office of the Secretary to the government of the Federation.
- Training Branch: Training and retraining of staff of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in order to enhance their productivity and capacity fall under the purview of the Branch. It has among others the following:-
- Training and re-training of staff of the OSGF;
- Designing of training programmes (local/foreign) for the staff of the OSGF;
- Processing of request for in-service and part-time courses in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation;
- Organization/conduct of in-house training programmes for staff of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation;
- Examination/analysis of proposal for workshops and seminars submitted by approved Training Institutions/Consultancy outfits;
- Evaluation of reports on training/workshops attended by staff of the Office of the Secretary to the government of the Federation;
- Monitoring the performances of staff on in-service/part-time courses in Federal Training Centres and other institutions of higher learning;
- Collation, analysis and storage of data on matters relating to full time/part-time courses, seminars, workshops and symposium; and
- Serving as a solid bridge between the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and approved training institutions within and outside the country.